After making the snow angel we went to the outdoor expo sponsored by Midwest Mountaineering and watched gleefully as they talked about climbing (I almost typed "klimbing" and I don't know that I would have felt too bad about it as apparently in this day and age making up words is a-ok) Kilimanjaro. We also watched how to pick out skis. Amanda isn't quite so interested in climbing, she'd be just as content being dropped off at the summit and hiking back down. To me that's like eating dessert first. I'd rather eat my peas and carrots (climbing up) and saving the dessert for later (summitting). I've wanted to do the Inca trail up to Machu Picchu, Amanda said we can do it so long as we take the train up and hike back down. Dessert first?
We also went to Tam Tam's African Restaurant which was only about a quarter of a mile from the expo. I don't have pictures of this but that's ok, even if I did give Amanda a hard time about it while at the restaurant. We like being adventurous in our eating, not Andrew Zimmern adventurous (though I do wonder what crickets taste like), so African it was! We got the "Lion's plate" which in essence was a sampler plate that came with a couple of appetizers, a giant Flinstone's sized rib, goat stew, and a bread of our choice. I chose Injera. Imagine a sourdough crepe, that's Injera for you! Was all so tasty that we ate it for dinner also! The only silly part was that we didn't get plates. Not sure if that was intentional, but I'm cool with it!
Now to the sad sad sad part of the day. Shopping. aka Kryptonite to my wanna be superman. Nothing drains me of energy and puts me in a grumpier mood than shopping, especially combat shopping. If it's a strategic grab and go for an item or two I can do it but if it's more than that I turn to a spiky ball of no-fun. Even more bizarre is that cereal shopping is exempt from this. I could spend 20 minutes in the cereal aisle and be happy. Go figure. I have 10 boxes of cereal, 8 different types. I'm a mixer and I'm not ashamed, what's that say about me?
Now time for "Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest" and maybe whipping up some pancit.
Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment