On Friday night I had an interesting dream. It's Tuesday now (even if it says it's posted on the 22nd, that's just when I started the draft) so I've already forgotten a lot of the details, maybe they'll come back to me (or more likely I'll make up new ones).
The basic story goes something like this :
I was driving around some secluded that apparently was the community I lived in. It was night and I was driving slow. Two kids ran up to the car, a girl approximately 7 years old ran to me side and a boy maybe 4 years old to the passenger side. The girl hung on to my slightly ajar door and slightly rolled down window and was pleading to get in. After trying to reason with her I let her and her brother in the car. After a few hours of driving around town I found out that the reason they were so anxious to get into the car was that their parents were treating them right (never found out if it was abuse or lack of care), so I tried to find a police station (why I didn't do this right away I don't know). Apparently the nearest police station was 3 suburbs away. As I was heading to the police station I was questioning whether I was going to be a hero or whether I was going to be charged with an "Amber Alert" (really an abduction but in my dream I thought the charge was "Amber Alert"), and then I woke up.
I'm not a dream interpreter but the first question I had when I woke up was whether this was God trying to further impart the adoption idea into my psyche. I know adoption isn't about "rescuing" children as was the case in this dream. It is however about providing them with a loving supporting stable family structure while protecting them from outside harm, just like with biological children. I wonder if this was God's way of saying to me that there are a lot of children without that stable loving family structure and that he was going to use Amanda and I to provide it to a couple of them.
Time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment