Part of my job is to capture what the stock market has done and package it up into a nice pretty bow (in everyday english no less) so that our clients can see how things are going. If you've been listening to the news as of late the market took a turn for the worse in October.
Whilst chatting with someone here I came up, accidentally, with a new saying that is just about right! Truth be told the saying was really caused by a mishearing on the other persons part.
We were talking about how to package it up and I told him that it's sort of like putting icing on a skunk, i.e. trying to make things smell better than they really are. He misheard and thought I said "like trying to put the stripe on a skunk", i.e. trying to make thing look better than they really are.
I like it! Next time things stink and I want it to seem better I'm using "like trying to put the stripe on a skunk". If "blah blah blah" can make it worldwide why can't this one?
We can even shorten it to "skunk-striper" if you like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment