For those who aren't aware of how small the world really is let me give you some examples:
These are all unprovoked and random instances of how small things are:
I grew up on an island of ~1500 - 4500 people (depends on the time frame) in remote Alaska.
- I wound up in Chicago where I found out that a childhood friend (from the island) was living.
- I now live in Minneapolis and have a coworker who's brother is living on my island.
- A childhood friend of my sisters just found me on Facebook. This friend knows my coworker's brother. This friend moved to Fairbanks where I went to school and goes to the same Church that I went to while I was there (and hence has a lot of the same peer group that I did). This friend is married to the son of someone I rented an apartment from. - Again, all unplanned and random.
- Friends of mine from Chicago are friends with friends of mine from my Church here in Minneapolis.
- While on vacation in Reno we ran into a friend from Fairbanks.
Also I'm only 2 degrees from both the President-Elect and the GOP VP Nominee (not that it helps me any!)
- The founder of the company I was with in Chicago is friends with Mr. Obama.
- I lived in Hyde Park in Chicago (Mr. Obama's turf) while interning and neighbors/friends from there are at least acquaintences with Mr. Obama.
- On the GOP side. Friends of mine, whom I went to the Philippines with at least have a working relationship with Ms. Palin (which I suppose puts me 3 degrees from Mr. McCain)
11 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment