26 November 2008

Meat

Yesterday was finals day for my CNA class I've been taking the last few weeks, so I got out quite a bit early, just in time to meet Tom for lunch. Since we don't really do fast food, but we wanted something quick and cheap, we went to a little BBQ place called Baker's Ribs. After ordering our meal we found a table in the corner where I could see most of the restaurant from my vantage point. As I was eating I noticed a strange phenomenon, it seemed I was the only person present of the female persuasion. A more thorough look around confirmed my suspicions. So, of a restaurant with almost every table full (I'd say about 50 people) there was one women. A 1:50 ratio is even better than Fairbanks' 1:8. Unfortunately another women came in about halfway through my meat and lowered the ratio to 1:25, but still pretty good.

I couldn't help but wonder why this was. It's not like we were even near an all-male section of town, there was a construction site nearby, but we were also just across the street from a mall.

Do women not eat meat? Do women not appreciate good barbecue?