15 October 2007

TKO - Wife is Down

Yesterday Amanda wanted to go shopping (after accidently bleaching her shirt) and 99% of the time I want to do pretty much anything other than shopping, so I called my friend Chris up to see if his wife Miki would entertain Amanda and as a side effect Chris and I could get in some good football watching, worked like a charm. After the girls got back we hooked up the Wii (from Nintendo) and proceeded to play a few of the sports games. To follow is a brief commentary of our experience on each one.

Wii Tennis - Amanda vs. me - Amanda hit a couple of good aces on the serve and had some good returns, I did nothing flashy but was solid throughout.

Wii Bowling - All four of us - Amanda got out of the gates solid while I lagged behind. Apparently something I was doing with the controller was causing the ball to curve, it took me until about the 7th frame to even figure to just adjust my alignment. Chris and Miki (who's ball was just crawling along) were solid but behind Amanda throughout most of the game. Amanda got her first ever strike in real or virtual bowling in this game. To the 10th frame. Amanda had doubled my score and Chris needed 33 points to beat Amanda, strike 1, strike 2 and then 7 pins. Amanda lost by 4. Perhaps we should go for a real bowling adventure.

Wii Boxing - Amanda vs me - I'm not sure if this game is a really good game for relationships or a horrid one, perhaps it's dependent on the individuals. We get to virtually beat each other up in the name of play. Amanda landed a few good ones, as did I. She was TKO'd, poor thing.

No comments: