17 October 2007

I'm dreaming of a white christmas

Just like the ones I used to know.
Where the treetops glisten,
and children listen,
where I can go off-roading in the snow.

We took our "S"UV into the shop yesterday to get it prepped for winter and to get it refreshed as it's travelled just about 60,000 miles. We have a trip to Kentucky coming up for Thanksgiving and wanted it to be ready to go. So, we set aside the estimated cost of $450 to get this accomplished plus we set aside a little bit more because they inevitably find something wrong. Unfortunately they beat us at our own game, $1698 later we have new brakes/rotors (which had been grinding since middle of last week) new tires (we were still driving on the originals and they had apparently started to crack) and a new brake light.

So, I'm hoping to put this fancy reincarnation of the beast to work, let it go out and have some fun! Just don't ask me about getting it stuck in our driveway in Fairbanks within the first month of ownership. It doesn't quite have the clearance of a hummer, drats.

No comments: