Well, it's official, I'm a student nurse. I received my acceptance letter from the College of Lake County nursing dept in the mail yesterday. I was hoping that once I submitted my application that I'd be done jumping through hoops for them, but it looks as if the hoop jumping has just begun. First, I've got to accept the offer (by filling out a form and delivering it to the admissions office), then I've got to wait for the (tentative) clinical schedule to be released, fight the other 59 students for a spot in the time slot I want, then wait some more until Jan when (1 week before classes start) they'll give us all the other info we need about clinicals including our finalized (and possibly different than requested) clinical schedule. Oh well, at least I got in.
I also received in the mail yesterday a stethoscope from my mother-in-law. My sister-in-law (Tom's lil' sis) completed her BS in Nursing a couple years back, but then decided not to practice. So, she was awesome enough to give me her stethoscope, which I couldn't help but try out last night. Good thing for Tom he wasn't home. But he better watch out when I get my blood pressure cuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment