I eat like a rabbit (ok so maybe like the carnivorous rabbit Bunnicula), especially at work where I generally snack on almonds and fruit all day. Today's fruit of choice was the peach. After 20 years in Alaska it's nice to be able to get fresh fruit, especially citrus and peaches/nectarines (for those that are reading this from the southeast united states please be cognizant that to me week old fruit counts as fresh when compared to 6 week old fruit). Now that it's peach season let the good times roll!
I also ride my bicycle to the train station most days during the summer. I've learned, after long hard tribulations, to secure peaches (and pears for that matter), in some container for this jaunt. The repercussions of not doing so include peach/pear juice all over everything inside your backpack. Today's education was slightly different. Today I learned that even if the peach is secured in a tupperware container, if said peach and said container get sufficiently rolled during the ride the peach winds up as one big gooey mess. Maybe I need to employ some engineering lessons from the junior high project of dropping an egg off of the roof and trying to protect it against breaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For bike commutes, I wrap my soft (6 week old) fruit in a cloth napkin or dishtowel and it usually survives, if I haven't packed it next to a tupperware with sharp edges :)
Post a Comment