There's a movement calling the addiction to the Blackberry (and other similar devices) "Crackberry". This is both funny and sad.
Case in point, I saw today a lady walking out of the women's restroom (or 'C.R.' (Comfort Room) in the Philippines) actively using her Blackberry. I got to thinking, this CR was the one for the set of offices on the floor in the building, so she was important (i.e. addicted) enough to have to respond to e-mail while in the CR while away from her desk for 5 minutes.
What ever happened to just sitting around and shooting the breeze for hours on end.
I need a front porch and then a front porch swing and just time to "be" ... I'll be sipping some lemonade (or maybe a mango smoothie), chit chatting, watching my (hypothetical) dog Bear lounging ... and of course be checking the latest scores on my Blackberry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment