I obtained this gliding rocker chair and ottoman from a previous place of employment. When I accepted ownership the chair I was not aware of the ugly red fabric that adorned it, but that was because it was new in the box, and who would pass up a brand new, completely free glider?
Well, I drug it all the way home and from the moment I opened the box I swore I would reupholster it...that was four years ago. For the most part it has been used by the cat as a place to sleep, so I wasn't in any hurry. But with the baby on the way I finally decided I should do something about it, since I would likely be using it regularly in the near future. So, with my recently cleaned and organized downstairs craft room (formerly known as the man cave)I started (almost giddily) tearing the hideous, stuck-in-the-seventies, red fabric off the chair and replacing it with a nice, soft, neutral microfiber. The fabric wasn't cheap and I needed a few tools I didn't have (hot glue gun and staple gun), but I think, in the end $75 for a new, custom upholstered, microfiber glider isn't too bad.

1 comment:
looks GREAT!! :)
Post a Comment