A friend from Church asked Amanda today why I was addicted to exercise and have I always been? This got me to thinking, ...I have gotten back on the bandwagon of actually exercising rather than just moving while watching the NBA playoffs or playing playstation. I've held at a steady weight since the beginning of the year but now it's time to get going and start "bringing it". This doesn't answer the "why" question though. I do have a few theories:
1) I'm addicted to the endorphins
2) I want to be in shape enough to be able to stick around for Amanda and our kids for as long as God will let me (which really it'll be in His timing anyways, so maybe I'm just trying to ensure the quality of life rather than the quantity of life)
3) I'm competitive and I want to be able to hold my own no matter what physical task/adventure I'm undertaking (I have a bit longer way on some tasks/adventures than on others)
4) I'm vain?
Anyways, yesterday I walked a few miles and went through most of the Ab Ripper X routine. Today I worked arms and did a half hour of interval training (though since I let my treadmill guide me I didn't get as ramped up as I intended to).
We'll see how all of this works out!
Update : Another half hour of interval training, this time set to "Extreme HR" instead of "Heart Rate Interval" -- Much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment