19 March 2008




More pics here

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but we did get new carpet on everything from the stairs up. It is a slightly darker shade than what we had before. The hope is that it will not show dirt quite as much.

2 comments:

Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

It's beautiful!

I don't think I could live with cabinets that dark in AK though-- I've never done any "interesting" or "accent" colors b/c I feel like I have to maximize all the light we can get.

Do you have more consistent light where you are?

Tom said...

We both grew up with houses that had predominately white/blond color schemes. So we were ready to break loose on our own house.

The light down here is more consistent than Fairbanks in the vein that we have more light in the winter and less light in the summer than does Fairbanks. I suspect however that even if that were not the case that we'd still have painted other than white. Perhaps we would have picked brighter colors than the scheme we used in our Chicago house?