29 January 2008

Maybe I act like a kid because I am one?

Amanda frequently laments that I act like a kid (to which I offer no argument). I'm a kid at heart and I don't have a problem with that!

A story from the BBC seems to give support and rationale to Amanda's claim that I am a kid. Apparently those who exercise frequently (or more precisely to the story, those who aren't sedentary) have "longer telomeres", in fact, these "telomeres" are 200 nucleotides longer in those who exercise 199 minutes a week compared to those who exercise 16 minutes a week.

These "telomeres" are purportedly a key in cell protection, so the longer the "telomere" the better protected your cells are. The better protected your cells are the less breakdown you have, keeping you younger in that domain.

Right now for Challenge 2008 I'm getting about 200 minutes of exercise a week, so my telomeres are nice and long baby!

No comments: