02 April 2007

Cajun in the City?

If you're ever in Chicago and have a hankering for spicy food there's a good cajun place to eat downtown. It's turning out to be one of my "restaurants that I have to take out-of-town visitors to" (I know you all (or should I say "ya'll") have those).

The Rush street location has an appetizer endearingly entitled "Hot as a mutha" which is a habanero pepper stuffed with a jalapeno cheese. My brother and I ventured one and either I'd previously killed my tastebuds or they chose a less potent pepper.

Admittedly, I've never been to N'awlins (New Orleans), so I can't make a statement on how authentic this adaptation of cajun food is. Fortunately we have Buerhle, who, after his trip to N'awlins on official company business can fill me in on the authenticity of this offering.

1 comment:

Burly said...

I'll do my best.