10 December 2009

Winter Wonderland



We have finally been introduced to old man winter. I was beginning to wonder if he had up and died. If that would have been the case you might have seen me deteriorate into a long funk. After talking a little it with old man winter I found out that he was just getting more forgetful and that he hadn't looked at his calender in a good three months, time had progressed quicker than he thought.

Now that old man winter is finally here I want to celebrate! Yesterday I celebrated by breaking in the snowshoes that I purchased at an REI event last spring. They sat lonely in the corner of the garage all summer long yearning for the day when they would touch the brilliant crystals of fresh snow. I strapped them on and walked the two miles to and from work. With the winter gear that I've been collecting over the past couple of years the jaunt to and from work was perfectly fine. In fact, with the gear and with the working out inherent to snowshoeing I was soaked in sweat both when I got to work and when I got home.

The only problem with snowshoeing to/from is that the snow wasn't deep enough in all of the places causing a little blunting of the teeth. If any of you want to play in the deeper snow let me know and we can set up a snowshoeing date!

No comments: