19 November 2009

Random Tidings of Today

To follow are my random tidings for today. Apparently this is more interesting for me to write about these than to write about events in my life. Note that that doesn't mean that these are more exciting than events in my life, just that they're more exciting to write about.

First random tiding is the sesquicentennial anniversary of the unsolved/unproven Reimann Hypothesis. If you are smart enough to figure out how to prove it you could earn a cool million. Good luck, your time starts ...... now!

Second random tiding is that it's sad to be a kid these days. Up until today I used to think that I wished I were a kid today instead of 20 years ago, primarily because toys are much cooler now than when I was a kid. Granted, kids can't have play time now that's not structured and coordinated but the toys are cooler. The final straw in determining now vs. then was laid when the post office decided to not pass letters to santa along to the north pole. We've been to the North Pole, it was 20 minutes from where we lived. Candy cane shaped light posts, etc. We're even going to take Madelyn there in a month when we visit, but poor Ralphie can longer write and ask Santa for an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle. What a sad day for kids everywhere.

Last random tiding is that the Levi Johnston kid makes me ill. Yuck. I'm not saying that in-laws (or almost in-laws) are a piece of cake but come'on kid.

No comments: