This posting is a representation of a variety of things that I've been thinking about or that have popped up that I want to comment about. No general continuity except that they've all passed through the filter that is Tom's brain. It's a scary filter indeed but if you're going to read this posting I thought you'd best know. In my line of work we have a lot of disclosures attached to documents so that clients can know what they're signing up for, well, now you know what you're signing up for.
I've decided to run a marathon (note that "run" doesn't mean "run" it means "get through") so today's tidbit in the Wall Street Journal regarding mega-marathoners piqued my interest. Apparently there's a whole sub-culture who collect marathon finishes. Some of these crazy people have logged more than 1000 marathons. To put that in perspective that's a marathon a week for twenty years. I'll be lucky to complete one!
On a sad note, flooding in Atlanta has caused a nationwide shortage of Eggo waffles. I don't actually remember the last time I had an eggo waffle but a shortage of them just makes me sad.
On a happy note, UAF has come up with a promotion to weed out the wimps and to embrace the cold. Answer a few questions and get a hat that says "&@*! Right it's Cold". Time to embrace the cold! It's the middle of November and we are still in the 50's here in Minnesota, we're not weeding out wimps here just yet. What happens if there's no snow and ice for ice fest in Sandstone in a few weeks? There are the type of things I have to think about.
On a Madelyn note, the last few days she has been fussing as soon as I pick her up and when she goes back to momma she calms down. I don't remember pinching her! I did learn yesterday that she had her first jealous fit. Amanda and Madelyn went out to a mall with a friend of hers who has a 6 month old boy. Apparently when they were in the elevator another person came in with an 8 month old (or so) girl and when the 6 month old boy started looking at the 8 month old girl Madelyn started bawling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment