I'm a pretty simple easy-going guy. Pretty low maintenance. Pretty low key. Lots of energy. It's the little things that count for me. Two little things yesterday that made it a good day.
1) My bike path was plowed sometime during the day. I biked to work yesterday morning through about 4 inches of powder on top of frozen footprints. Neither of which, in isolation, would have been too big of a deal but in conjunction with each other made for an interesting trek in. Not an arduous trek in, interesting! Thankfully most of the way too work is downhill (I know, I know, I should write that I bike to work uphill both ways). This does mean, by definition, that most of the way back home is uphill. I had been debating all day on the best method for gaining traction in aforementioned snow depths and hadn't figured out a good solution. Luckily for me by the time I made it to the path there was mere fractions of an inch of snow glistening on the trail. Made for a quick ride home!
2) I arrived home to find a new comb (a new, new comb, not a new-to-me comb). My old comb must've been either 6 or 80 years old because was missing a few of it's front teeth. My hair is happy that there was fresh plastic ruffling through it this morning!
Ah, the simple things!
Time to hit the trail.
11 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment