On Monday night I had a dream. No, this isn't one of those Dr. Martin Luther King "I have a dream" moments, this one was far more mundane. I don't really remember the premise of the dream, that's not the point. What I do remember is that at some point in the dream I realized that it was indeed a dream. When I realized this I realized that I could change the occurrences in the dream. Case in point: I was in some sort of a warehouse/hangar and I could see that it was bright and sunny outside. Since I "knew" it was a dream I "changed" the weather to raining.
I've had other dreams before where I realized at some point that it was a dream but this was the first time that I actively changed the dream.
When I woke up on Tuesday morning I told Amanda about it. She pretty much thought I was nuts and that "dreams are meant to be experienced, not to change". Apparently this world of interacting with your dream is a part of a process called lucid dreaming. Interesting. I don't know that I'm going to "practice" dreaming (that just sounds strange) but it is kind of neat to change your dream environment and do things that you wouldn't traditionally do (like changing the weather!).
17 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment