Ok, so I have all this week off from work, part of a take it or leave it vacation policy. So, might as well take it! I can finish (or at least work on) some of the "honey do" projects around the house that admittedly I've been slow on. But first a day for me! After all it is my "vacation".
So, unlike most people who want to sleep and watch Judge Judy on their vacation I want to do things that I don't normally do. This manifested itself in wanting to complete a 50 mile bike ride. Why 50 miles do you ask? Well, it's a nice round number, it sounds like an accomplishment, and my buddie Dave from our Bible Study just went out and did it (did someone say competitive?).
I started in Lake Bluff, weaved through way to fancy neighborhoods in Lake Forest, passed way too many moms pushing $1000 strollers in Highland Park and turned around in Kenilworth. Alas I stopped short at 48.6 miles (per my cyclometer). I could have done the extra 1.4 but I was rushing home to meet Amanda for lunch (well at least for a quick 30-second hello before she want off to work). I suppose what that means is that I have to try it again sometime! Maybe it'd be more fun to go as a group, any takers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment