Thank you all for your support. Amanda and I are grateful to have such a great community of friends! Each day is easier and we've come to grips with the situation, though I can't claim there won't be poignant times in the future. We know that God took baby Ian before he was born and we both are excited that he got there just in time to meet Grandpa. This doesn't mean we wouldn't have thoroughly enjoyed life down here on earth with him but this life is temporary anyways, we'll see him again.
The doctor's report is in and we're thankful that it seems to have been just a "random" happening. The baby was growing fine but there was some sort of infection in some connection between mom and baby. Since I don't know what the infection is or where it was I just call it the "cucamunga infection" (we can get the official report tomorrow with the "real" terms). The good news is that the doctors said it wasn't something genetic and it's not something that we need to worry about in the future. Of course the possibility is always there but we're not predisposed.
So, someday we'll extend our family, either by having "biological" children or by adopting from the Philippines. Ideally we'll have both!
23 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love and miss you guys! I was gonna come down in February, but now maybe I'll come be a bum over Christmas! =D LOL OK, you know me, I prolly won't ever make it...
Call if you need anything. I think you have the number.
Cass
Post a Comment