Ok, so this is how my mind works, for better or for worse (probably for worse).
Amanda and I are watching the prelude to the Kentucky Derby and they announced the crowd at approximately 156,000 people and said it was the third largest in derby history. Immediately I thought it'd be funny if they were meaning largest in terms of body weight rather than body count, so I had to figure it out.
According to National Center for Health Statistics the average weights are:
Male : 189.8
Female : 162.9
If you figure that half the people at the derby are male and the other half female that equates to a total mass of 27.51 million pounds worth of people at the derby. I'll have to keep tabs on the total for next year, see if that crowd is "larger".
05 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment